Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Garden Oasis

My Sunday was filled with peace and love today. I got to spend the afternoon with 5 women from a small group at a women's retreat. Our host has the most beautiful oasis in her backyard. I walked through the front door and could automatically see the bright colors of green, orange, red, and pinks! It really is heaven on Earth walking into her backyard. Then I get to see all the kind sweet faces. We are women of course so the hugging and talking begins!

We got a tour of the garden and all the beautiful sights and smells. I just stood and took deep breaths. I went to the farmers market yesterday with friends and got to walk through seeing vegetables, fruits, breads, plants flowers and even pottery. There is something about natural items that God has created. Walking through the plants and garden areas I had a longing for a garden. Just a small plot to plant herbs and flowers. I think about my aunt's garden. She knew so much about plants and herbs. She was always trying something new. God's creation is so calming.

We finally sat down to eat and began the "catching up" convos. As I sat listening to what struggles and joys everyone was going through, I thought, it is amazing how different we all are. We are from completely different walks of life. I loved it! Being the youngest and single you would think I would feel disconnected from the lives my fellow group members, but no, we have the most important bond and that is God. We all rely and have faith in God in our lives and we seek out the fellowship and support of our sisters in Christ.

As I was leaving I couldn't help but get overwhelmed. I got in my car and immediately called my mother. I told her I can't believe I know and have so many wonderful women in my life, loving, praying, and supporting me. They are all so supportive of me going into the Peace Corps yet I will be leaving them when I go. I feel like I am building so many bonds through this small group and another group. I have 15 to 20 women praying for me. What an overwhelming feeling!

The saying "To be known is to be loved, and to be loved is to be known" keeps resonating with me. I am known by these women and God and I feel the love that comes from the fellowship rooted in God. How sweet it is to be loved by you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home